The ADB-Japan Scholarship Program for Developing Countries in Asia and Pacific is inviting the nationals of the ADB borrowing member country for a scholarship program. This program runs annually and is aimed at candidates who are admitted for a master’s or Ph.D. course in an institution.
There is a lot you should consider for the scholarship. It will be advisable you read more on this article to get the full basics about the scholarship program and how you can apply for it today.
ADB-Japan Scholarship Program for Developing Countries in Asia and Pacific
ABD which stands for the Asian Development Bank is committed to achieving a prosperous, resilient, inclusive, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific. This is done while sustaining its efforts to eradicate and remove extreme poverty from the country. The program assists and aids its members and partners by providing loans, technical assistance, grants, and equity investments to promote social and development. Its headquarters is located 6 ADB Avenue, Mandaluyong City 1550, Metro Manila, Philippines.
The ADB-Japan Scholarship Program for Developing Countries in Asia and Pacific is aimed at providing opportunities for a well-qualified citizen of ADB’s developing member countries to participate in the ongoing postgraduate studies in economics, management, science, and technology, and also other development-related fields. This is to be undertaken in an academic institution in an Asian and Pacific region. Upon the completion of the course study program, candidates are expected to contribute and make related solutions ideas to the economic and social development of their countries. Other related basics for the scholarship program include:
- Host country: Japan.
- Host Institution: ADB-Japan Scholarship Program is only to participating in academic institutions under the program.
- The number of scholarships: About 300 scholarships awarded annually.
- Target group: The scholarship program is inviting the citizens of ADB’s borrowing member countries.
- Scholarship duration: One year, but can be extended to two years.
- Deadline: It varies and also it operates annually.
ADB-Japan Scholarship Program Value/Inclusion
ADB-Japan Scholarship Program for Developing Countries in Asia and Pacific provides full tuition fees, a monthly subsistence, and a housing allowance. There is also an allowance for books and instructional materials, medical insurance, and travel expenses. The scholarship whose duration is a year can be extended to the second year of study, as appropriate, which shall be conditional on the scholar maintaining a satisfactory level of performance as determined by the institute. The scholarship maximum duration can only last for two years for both masters and doctorate degree programs.
ADB-Japan Scholarship Program Eligibility
Here are the eligibility requirements for the ADB-Japan Scholarship Program for Developing Countries in Asia and Pacific:
- Applicants must be a national of the ADB borrowing member country (candidates from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-Japan Scholarship Program for Developing Countries in Asia and Pacific).
- Candidates who gained admission into an approved Masters or Ph.D. course at an academic institution.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with the superior academic record.
- Applicants with at least two years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of applying. There are also requirements for English Language proficiency in oral or written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Candidates must not be more than 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, there is an age limit of 45 years old for programs that are appropriate for senior officials and managers.
- Applicants must be in good health.
- He/she should be of an agreement to return back to their country after the completion of studies under the program.
- The scholarship is not eligible for Executive directors, Alternate directors, management, and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned.
- The scholarship program is not eligible for the staff of the academic institutions.
- Candidates living or working in a country other than his/her own country is not eligible.
- The scholarship program does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- It does not support or sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminar, thesis writing, and research projects.
The applicants should request information and application forms from the chosen academic institution(s). And also, applicants are encouraged to access various resources, including the institution’s website and handbooks, and institution information sessions held in-country, to assist and aid them in making an informed decision on the academic institution and course they desire to undertake.
ADB-Japan Scholarship Program Application Guideline
Applicants are automatically considered for the ADB-Japan Scholarship Program for Developing Countries in Asia and Pacific once they apply for the institution. There is request information on whether to consider for the scholarship during admission. Here is how to apply for the academic institution:
- Admission candidates should indicate to the academic institution that they are applying for admission and that they would like to be considered for the ADB-JSP Scholarship.
- The completed institution application form and required documentation, including the application sheet form are to be submitted to the academic institution.
- Applicants must ensure to submit accurate and complete documentation.
- Candidates are required to submit their latest income tax return or certification of their annual salary/monthly salary, whichever is available.
- They are to submit a certification of family income (parent income).
- Application entries for the scholarship should be sent at least six months prior to the planned time that you wish to commence studies.
Here are the download links for the ADB-Japan Scholarship Program for Developing Countries in Asia and Pacific:
- Application form in MS Word format: https://www.adb.org/sites/default/files/page/41935/jsp-information-sheet.doc.
- The application form in PDF format: https://www.adb.org/sites/default/files/page/41935/insheet.pdf.
ADB-Japan Scholarship Program Deadline
Application for the ADB-Japan Scholarship Program for Developing Countries in Asia and Pacific varies. So, desired applicants are to visit the site and apply for the scholarship program.
You may visit the official Website for more details here: https://www.adb.org/site/careers/japan-scholarship-program/procedures-applying.