Scholarships To Study In China: Are you interested in studying in China, but worried about how much it’ll cost you? You’ll be pleased to know that there are plenty of scholarships available for international students looking to study in China.
Mainland China has an impressive 42 top universities featured in the QS World University Rankings®, making the country a popular study destination for students all around the world.
Read on to find out a bit more about some of the scholarships available to international students wanting to study in China, some of which are funded by the Chinese Government, others funded by individual Chinese universities and several funded by external organizations.
Chinese Government funded scholarships
- China Scholarship Council (CSC) Scholarships– CSC scholarships are open to all international students who wish to study in China. You will be asked to fill out an online form and select one of the 243 Chinese universities offering CSC scholarships.
- Jiangsu Government Scholarship–The Jiangsu Provincial Government set up the Jiangsu Government Scholarship to encourage international students to study in Jiangsu. The scholarship will award you the full cost of tuition, registration, lab experiment, internships, accommodation, medical insurance and basic textbooks.
- Hubei Provincial Scholarships– This scholarship is open to students wishing to study a bachelor’s, PhD, or master’s degree in any subject taught in any university in Hubei which is participating in the Hubei Provincial scholarship scheme.
- Beijing Government Scholarship– The Beijing Municipal Government is offering scholarships to international students looking to study at universities in Beijing. The scholarship covers tuition fees either fully or partially and is open to undergraduates and master’s students
- Guanxi Government Scholarship for ASEAN Students– This scholarship was established by the People’s Government of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region in 2010 to fund international students from ASEAN countries who wish to study in one of Guangxi’s universities for their bachelor’s, master’s or PhD. The scholarship includes the cost of tuition fees, textbooks and other teaching materials, accommodation and medical insurance, as well as including living expenses for a month.
Non-Government funded scholarships
- Confuncius Institute Scholarship– There are seven types of scholarship on offer from the Confucius Institute headquarters for international students between the ages of 16 and 35, looking to study in a Chinese university. There are options available for undergraduate and postgraduate students and the scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation fees and offers a monthly living allowance and comprehensive medical insurance.
- British Council China Scholarship– The British Council in China is offering seven scholarships for UK students currently enrolled at a UK institution who wish to study at a Chinese university in the People’s Republic of China. The scholarships cover tuition fees, accommodation and a monthly living allowance.
University specific scholarships to study in China
- Schwarzman Scholars Program— This is a scholarship for international students wishing to study their masters in Global Affairs at Tsinghua University in Bejing. The course will be taught in English and will focus on public policy, economics, business and international studies. This scholarship includes tuition fees, accommodation, travel to and from Bejing at the beginning and end of the academic year, required course books, US$4000 for personal expenses and health insurance. Applicants must be between 18 and 28 years old, have strong English language proficiency and hold an undergraduate degree from an accredited university or equivalent.
- Biomedical Sciences Scholarships– The biomedical sciences scholarships are available for students looking to study a bachelor’s in biomedical science at Zhejiang University– University of Edinburgh(ZJE). This is available to any international student who is offered a place on either the BSc Integrative Biomedical Sciences or BSc Biomedical Informatics programs at ZJE. This scholarship will cover either full or half of your tuition fees, accommodation fees, and international student medical insurance. You will also receive a living allowance of up to ¥17,000 per year (~ US$2,438).
- Zhengzhou University President Scholarships– This scholarship is for international postgraduate students wishing to pursue either a full time master’s or PhD at Zhengzhou University. The scholarship includes full or partial coverage of tuition fees for master’s students, and full tuition and accommodation for PhD students. To apply, students must fill in an online application form as well as either a 800 word essay for master’s courses, or a 2000 word research proposal.
Want more updates like this Scholarships To Study In China? Then Kindly subscribe to our blog for more updates. Thank you.